Taking CBD Oil can seem confusing initially due to the plethora of options. This guide will help simplify the process, offering multiple ways to incorporate CBD oil into your routine, using methods such as sublingual drops, edibles, and through select CBD brands, like The Tonic Tribe.
The Definitive Guide to take CBD Oil
CBD (Cannabidiol) is an intriguing compound found in cannabis plants, renowned for its potential therapeutic benefits. But, how to take CBD oil effectively is a common query. This guide aims to demystify that.
Step 1: Opt for a Quality CBD Oil Product
When contemplating how to take CBD oil, the first step is to select a reliable product. Reputable brands like The Tonic Tribe’s CBD oil ensure quality and adherence to strict safety and production standards.
Step 2: Identify the Suitable Dosage
Dosage varies widely, depending on factors like body weight, the concentration of CBD in the oil, and the health condition you aim to address. A common strategy is to start with a modest dose and gradually increase until you find your optimal level. A good guide is 12 to 24 mg of full spectrum CBD taken via an oral oil or water soluble version or patch. You may need an greater amount to get the same benefit from inferior qualities of CBD such as Broad Spectrum and ‘pure’ CBD Isolate (as found in many popular drinks).
Isolate Vs Full Spectrum
When choosing a CBD product, you’ll often come across terms like ‘CBD isolate’ and ‘full spectrum CBD’. Understanding the difference can help you choose the product that’s right for you.
The highest quality is Full-spectrum CBD contains all the natural compounds found in the hemp plant, including CBD, terpenes, flavonoids, and trace amounts of THC (up to 0.3%).
Some believe in the “entourage effect,” a theory suggesting that full-spectrum CBD’s components work together synergistically to enhance the potential benefits.
CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD in the sense that it is just one of the many cannabinoids found in the plant. It’s extracted from the hemp plant and then isolated from all the other natural plant compounds, leaving you with 99% pure CBD extract, and therefore 100% THC free.
Step 3: Determine the Method of CBD Intake
There are various ways to take CBD oil. A prevalent method is using sublingual CBD drops. By holding the drops under your tongue for around 60 seconds before swallowing, CBD can enter your bloodstream directly through the sublingual gland beneath the tongue, potentially leading to faster and more potent effects.
Taking CBD Oil Orally
Oral ingestion is a popular way to take CBD oil. Simply place a few drops of the oil under your tongue (sublingual method) and hold it there for about 60-90 seconds before swallowing. This method allows for faster absorption of CBD into your bloodstream.
You can also add CBD oil to your food or drinks. However, this method could lead to a slower onset of effects since the oil must go through your digestive system first. Some brands, like The Tonic Tribe, even offer CBD capsules for those who prefer a more traditional method of ingestion.
There is also the option of Water Soluble CBD which is designed to be ingested, so you can add this to food or drink without compromising the absorption rate. Water Soluble CBD has the highest bioavailability of any other form of CBD.
CBD Oil Topical Application
Topical application is another common method of using CBD oil, especially for addressing localised pain or skin issues. In this method, CBD oil or a CBD-infused product is applied directly to the skin. The CBD is absorbed through the skin, where it can interact with nearby cannabinoid receptors.
You can find various CBD topicals in the market, including creams, lotions, and balms. These are particularly beneficial for those seeking relief from conditions like arthritis pain or skin conditions like eczema.
Step 4: Maintain Consistency
CBD generally isn’t a quick fix—it requires consistency. Regular intake of CBD oil at the same time every day can help maintain a stable level of CBD in your system, potentially leading to better results over time.
Ways to take CBD
- Tincture: A CBD tincture is typically taken sublingually (under the tongue) for quick absorption into the bloodstream. Just drop the recommended dose under your tongue, hold for 60 seconds, and then swallow.
- Capsules: CBD capsules provide a familiar, discreet, and easy way to take a consistent dose of CBD. It’s as simple as swallowing a pill. Make sure they contain a form of CBD that the body can easily absorb when ingested, not regular CBD oil.
- Smoothies: Adding Water Soluble CBD to your smoothie can make it a wellness drink. You can experiment with various fruits, veggies, and even add a spoon of protein powder to create your CBD-infused super smoothie.
- Food: From salad dressings to baking treats, Water soluble CBD can be infused into almost any dish. This can be a fun and delicious way to include CBD in your diet. Don’t use regular CBD oil as the absorption rate is a mere 4-20% when ingested this way.
- Coffee: Adding a few drops of water soluble CBD to your morning coffee could potentially help manage the jitters associated with caffeine while providing the purported calming benefits of CBD.
- Tea: Tea and CBD could be a perfect match considering the calming effects associated with both. The Tonic Tribe have a range of 5 delicious blends of CBD Infused Tea which contain their unique water soluble CBD.
- Topical Balms: For localised pain or skin issues, CBD-infused balms or lotions can be applied directly to the skin. This allows CBD to be absorbed and interact with cannabinoid receptors in the skin.
- Cocktails or Mocktails: Some mixologists have started adding CBD to their mocktails or cocktails for a unique twist. It’s a novel way to enjoy CBD socially or wind down at the end of the day.
- Edibles: CBD gummies, cookies, and other edibles provide a tasty and discreet way to consume CBD. However, remember that edibles take longer to kick in as they have to be digested first.
- Vaping: Inhaling vaporised CBD oil, like e-cigs for CBD, is the fastest way to experience effects. But it may not be safe for everyone, especially those with respiratory issues.
Remember, CBD affects everyone differently, and the best method for you depends on your personal needs and lifestyle. Always start with a low dose and gradually increase until you find what works best for you. Consult with a healthcare professional if you’re unsure about the right method or dosage.
While considering how to take CBD oil, it’s intriguing to explore the diversity of options beyond just CBD drops. CBD oil can be creatively incorporated into your lifestyle. For instance, some people prefer adding CBD oil to their drinks or food.
Select CBD brands like The Tonic Tribe have gained popularity. You may also find interesting information from a study published in The Permanente Journal in 2019, showing promising results of CBD on anxiety and sleep.
Remember, everyone’s CBD experience is personal. What suits one may not suit another. It’s all about finding what works best for you. Hence, invest time in research, understand your body, and proceed accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is CBD oil?
CBD oil is a product made from cannabidiol (CBD), a non-intoxicating compound found in cannabis plants. It’s known for its potential therapeutic effects, such as reducing anxiety, managing pain, and improving sleep quality.
2. How does The Tonic Tribe’s CBD oil differ from others?
The Tonic Tribe’s CBD oil, like any reputable brand, adheres to strict safety and production standards. They use high-quality, organically grown hemp to ensure a product that is pure, potent, and free from harmful residues.
3. How do I take CBD oil?
There are multiple ways to take CBD oil. The most common method is to use it sublingually, meaning you put the drops under your tongue and hold them there for about 60 seconds before swallowing. You can also add CBD oil to your food or drink.
4. How do I determine the right dosage of CBD oil for me?
Determining the right dosage depends on several factors, including your body weight, the concentration of CBD in the oil, and the health condition you’re addressing. It’s typically recommended to start with a small dose and gradually increase until you find what works best for you.
5. Can I take CBD oil every day?
Yes, consistency is key when it comes to taking CBD oil. Regular intake at the same time every day can help maintain a steady level of CBD in your system, potentially leading to better results over time.
6. Are there any side effects of taking CBD oil?
CBD is generally well-tolerated, but some people may experience side effects like dry mouth, fatigue, or dizziness. It’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement, including CBD oil.