CBD patches have gained popularity as a natural alternative for pain relief, with their convenient and discreet delivery method. However, like any other medication or supplement, CBD patches may have side effects that users should be aware of.
Thankfully we have never had a reported issue with any of the first three side effects listed below, and a handful of customers experiencing Skin Irritation. In this circumstance, the customer has declared they have unusually sensitive skin for many skin products and it’s usually due to the adhesive used.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the potential side effects of CBD patches.
Possible Side Effects of CBD Patches
CBD patches are considered safe, with a low risk of side effects. However, some users may experience the following side effects:
- Dry mouth: CBD may reduce the production of saliva, leading to a dry mouth sensation.
- Drowsiness: CBD may cause drowsiness or fatigue, especially when taken in higher doses.
- Nausea: Some users may experience nausea or digestive issues when using CBD patches.
- Skin irritation: CBD patches may cause skin irritation or allergic reactions.
It’s important to note that the severity and frequency of these side effects may vary among individuals, and not all users will experience them. If you experience any of these side effects, it’s recommended to lower your CBD dosage or discontinue use of the patches.
Less Common Side Effects of CBD Patches
While less common, some users may experience the following side effects:
- Changes in appetite: CBD may affect appetite, causing increased or decreased hunger.
- Changes in blood pressure: CBD may cause a temporary drop in blood pressure, leading to dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Diarrhoea: Some users may experience diarrhoea or gastrointestinal discomfort when using CBD patches.
- Mood changes: CBD may affect mood, leading to changes in emotions or behaviour.
It’s important to monitor your body’s reaction to CBD patches and consult with a healthcare provider if you experience any concerning side effects.
Interactions with Other Medications
CBD may interact with other medications, including blood thinners and seizure medications. If you are taking any medication, it’s important to talk to your healthcare provider before using CBD patches to avoid potential interactions.
CBD patches are generally considered safe with a very low risk of side effects. However, like any medication or supplement, CBD patches may cause side effects in some users. Common side effects include dry mouth, drowsiness, nausea, and skin irritation. Less common side effects include changes in appetite, blood pressure, and mood. It’s important to monitor your body’s reaction to CBD patches and consult with a healthcare provider if you experience any concerning side effects or are taking other medications.